🐓 Chicken Barley Soup 🥣
- Preasure Cooker
- 1/4 cup of barley
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 carrot cut into slices
- 200g of diced chicken breast
- salt to taste
- 1 or 1/2 liter of chicken stock
- 1 zucchini cut into cubes
Super Tips on How to Prepare Tasty Chicken Soup 🐔
- Soak the barley in cold water for an hour.
- In a pan, heat the butter and oil and saute the carrots. Add the chicken, season with salt, and let it brown.
- Gradually add the chicken stock. Add the barley and cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another five minutes. Serve immediately.
If you have no idea how to make chicken soup, one of those very practical and tasty, you can bet your chips on this simple recipe. After all, it is a chicken and vegetable soup that is ready in an instant, in addition to being made with very few ingredients. The result is a warm dish, very reminiscent of chicken soup with a taste of a mother’s or grandmother’s house!
Chicken Soup and Barley, a Health-promoting Grain
Although not yet as popular as other grains, barley is a portion of healthy food – rich in fiber and nutrients – that is worth adding to your routine. Overall, it’s the best grain choice for diabetics, as its low glycemic index helps keep blood sugar levels under control. It is also a good ally to control cholesterol and take care of cardiovascular health, reducing blood pressure and the risk of stroke.
In the kitchen, in addition to enhancing the chicken soup recipe, barley is a good substitute for everyday rice. Try, for example, putting this cereal in place of brown rice with chicken and vegetables. The only caveat is that barley takes much longer to cook than rice. So consider this when planning your meals.
Another good suggestion to use for barley grain is in salads, as its rich nutty flavor blends perfectly with fresh vegetables. Try adding it to a basic green leafy salad to make the garnish even more special.