Rosewater is one of the popular beauty products that help you pamper and care for your skin. However, you do not need to spend money to buy, but you can learn how to make rose water at home simply and economically!
Rosewater with a seductive scent not only helps you take care of your skin but also acts as a perfume to help your clothes and hair smell better. But you do not need to spend 200-300 thousand to buy this cosmetic, but just learn how to make rose water at home according to the instructions.
If you don’t have rose water at home, try learning how to make rose water so you don’t miss the effects of this “natural cosmetic”!
The Effect of Natural Rose Water
Rosewater is not only a skincare cosmetic but also has many other interesting uses.
1. Use Rose Water as a Perfume.
Although bath products on the market have a characteristic fragrance, this fragrance is often from artificial fragrances that are not good for health. In spite of the fact that shampoo and conditioner at home are safe, they do not have a strong fragrance. You can fix this problem by adding some homemade rose water to your shampoo or conditioner.
Pure rose water has both a pleasant scent and no chemical ingredients, so it will help you have a shampoo that is both fragrant and safe. If you don’t add rose water to your shampoo, you can also spray rose water directly onto dry hair.
You can use rose water to spray your hair in the following ways:
👉 Mix 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract with essential oils such as grapefruit, rosemary, lavender, ylang-ylang, cedarwood… Then, pour the solution into a glass bottle with a spray cap.
👉 After you have made how to make rose water at home, take this solution to fill the bottle of the essential oil mixture and use it.
In addition to scenting the hair, you can also apply rose water on your wrists like when applying perfume to have a seductive scent.
2. Use Rose Water as a Fabric Spray
You can put rose water in a spray bottle to make fabric spray to freshen clothes. If you want, you can also spray rose water evenly on the bed before going to bed. You can also add a few drops of rose or lavender essential oil to a spray bottle for a more seductive scent.
3. Use Rose Water for Skincare
Rosewater balances pH, reduces redness, reduces irritation, tightens pores, and cools and soothes the skin. You can make rose water at home and use the mixture instead:
• Toner: You put rose water in a dark glass bottle and add a few drops of lavender or rose essential oil. After showering or washing your face, pour some rose water on a cotton pad and apply it all over your face.
• Mineral spray: You can pour rose water into a bottle with a misting cap to make a mist. Rosewater will keep the skin fresh and cool all day long.
• Water for sunburn treatment: Mix rose water and apple cider vinegar in a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle and spray on sunburned and burned skin to relieve pain.
4. Use Rose Water to Improve Your Mood
Rosewater with a gentle, ethereal scent can help you relax very well. You can spray rose water like perfume to enjoy the fragrance of this cosmetic. In addition, you can also add some rose water to the bath to relax more. This is also a form of aromatherapy at home.
5. Use Rose Water for Cooking
You can incorporate rose water into your food or drink for a more enjoyable cooking experience. You can use rose water in the following dishes:
- Tea: add rose water to herbal tea to enhance the flavor.
- Yogurt: 1 cup of yogurt should be flavored with 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Lemon juice: add rose water to lemon juice for a new taste.
How to Make Skin Toner at Home
The effects of rose water are quite diverse, so you can make this natural cosmetic yourself to use when needed. To make satisfactory rose water, you need to choose rose petals that are not sprayed and have an appropriate way to make rose toner.
How to Choose Rose Petals
There are more than 100 different varieties of roses, so you can freely choose the one you like. If you have roses, use this safe source of flowers to make rose water. You should pick roses early in the morning because this is when the flowers have the most fragrance.
You can also buy roses from the store if you don’t have one at home. However, you should choose flowers that are free of pesticides so that the rose water is pure. If you want, you can also buy dried flower petals to make rose water.
How to Make Rose Water
There are 2 easy ways to make rose toner at home: boiling rose petals in water or distilling the petals.
How to Make Rose Water at Home
- Dried or fresh rose petals
- Large pot with lid
- A clean brick
- Insulated metal or glass bowl
- Dark bottle
- Place 1 brick in the middle of the potPlace a metal or insulated glass bowl on top of the brick.[wprm-spacer]Place dried rose petals in a pot around the brick, under a metal or glass cup.
- Pour water into the flower petals and across the brick.
- Turn the lid upside down so that the steam condenses and drips down into the bowl.
- Place ice cubes on top of the lid to stimulate condensation.Bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat as low as possible so that the water is still boiling.
- Replace the ice cubes when the ice has melted completely and cook for at least 30 minutes.